Spaulding Academy & Family Services has two full-time Family Worker/Social Worker opportunities available on our clinical team.
The first is for a Family Worker/Social Worker. This position is the point of contact for families and collateral team members to the youths we serve in all of our Clinical, Academic and Residential programs. This position provides critical communication to families, team members and the youth in their treatment and goals be it reunification, placement in less restrictive or psychoeducation.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Supporting other assigned staff in the implementation of treatment plan recommendations and behavior support plans;
- Work with behavior specialist in gathering relevant data, identifying appropriate goals for treatment, appropriately communicating that data through the use of graphs, reports, and related formats;
- Use a data-based decision-making model to guide treatment and practice decisions;
- Understand and facilitate staff concepts for evidence based practices, Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS), cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), and applied behavioral analysis (ABA);
- Focus efforts on permanency and family-centered approaches which values and facilities family involvement and training;
- Participate in various meetings on and off grounds to include team meetings, court hearings, FAIR meetings, and staff meetings;
- Attend and participate in weekly supervision;
- Provide consultation to staff and collaterals as needed, as guided by the clinician/therapist;
- Complete all paperwork within the timelines expected according to policy and procedures and/or regulatory statutes;
- Participate in at least one campus-wide committee;
- Participate in “Resource on Call” rotation as support for parents and staff in response to crisis situations;
- Complete assigned trainings within timelines provided by supervisor;
- Maintain functional information on all cases at Spaulding to help support coworkers, students and families in emergency or when others are taking time off.
The second position is a Family Worker/School opportunity. This role provides case management and psychoeducation to the students and their families that we serve, as well as communication between families and outside agencies and treatment providers. This role will work closely with the clinical and academic staff in order to provide a wrap-around service to the families. Family Workers are at the center of our services and play an integral role in coordinating care and interactions with the entire team.
Spaulding Academy & Family Services is a leading provider of educational, residential, therapeutic and community based programs and services for families, and children and youth with neurological, emotional, behavioral, learning or developmental challenges, including Autism Spectrum Disorder and those who have experienced significant trauma, abuse or neglect. Established in 1871, Spaulding Academy & Family Services is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit that was formerly known as Spaulding Youth Center since 1958. Our scenic hilltop campus is located on nearly 500 acres in Northfield, NH and welcomes boys and girls from ages 4 to 21 from around the state of New Hampshire and beyond. In addition to programs provided on our Northfield campus, Spaulding’s community based programs include foster family licensing, Individual Service Option (ISO) foster care, ISO in-home services, child health support services, and more for children ages 0 to 20 and their family.
Staff wellness is supported through a very generous benefits package, generous paid time off, a free coffee bar and free meals daily in our dining hall, an on-site fitness center open 24/7, several employee appreciation events throughout the year and beautiful walking trails to enjoy on our spectacular campus. We invite you to visit our website at www.SpauldingServices.org
to learn more about how Spaulding Academy & Family Services supports exceptional children and families toward a successful future.
To apply for the Family Worker role, please submit a resume, cover letter and three references to Jobs@SpauldingServices.org
Spaulding Academy & Family Services is fully committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.